Thursday, 3 June 2010

A while since progress

It's been quite a while since I last posted here. For the most part work on my RepRap has slowed a lot since the end of last year. Reasons for this seem to be: not having any outside in my new flat (except a large public park where I saw and drill on occasionally while, getting some odd looks), and Might as well blame it on moneygeddon too if that is still trendy.

One of my biggest problems has been the generation one pic electronics I am still trying to use. While I am appreciative of the work that has gone into keeping the SNAP support in the current RepRap host, I have have spent many days getting things 'almost' working, then packing up and leaving it for a few more weeks while making no real long term progress.

So today I decided to invest in some of Kimberly's Techzone boards. They will be much easier to debug and I will be able to work with all the bleeding edge techniques that I was denied with the PIC electronics.

I have also tried to use my own Python SNAP stack for FFM printing with my machine, but there are a few deep issues especially in regards to performance regarding this stack that I have still not got around to fixing, and do not believe it is usable to FFM as a decent speed. It is still pretty handy for all other manner of uses for a Cartesian machine and for testing and I will be bringing it to the Generation 3 electronics when I receive them.

I have plans to re-purpose my generation one electronics either on a RepRapped mini mill or a commercially purchased one (Sable 2015)

No comments:

Post a comment